CASE COMPETITION PRESENTED BY RUBIKLOUD
This year’s case competition is presented by Rubikloud, a venture-backed Toronto-based startup with a global client base. Rubikloud applies artificial intelligence to solve problems in the retail industry, changing the way retailers leverage their data. Its mission is to bring intelligent decision automation to the enterprise. As retailers look to develop their relationships with customers, Rubikloud has been on the forefront of leveraging data science to enable a more personalized shopping experience.
As a case competition participant, you will be asked to help Rubikloud develop innovative ways of using data to deliver insights and predictions, coupled with a robust business strategy. Additional information will be provided at the start of the competition (April 25th 2018).
The competition final will take place at SmithToronto or via video conference on May 10th, 2018. A selection of top teams will present their final results to a panel of judges who will decide on the three winning teams.
- Recommended team size is 3-5 members
- All team members must sign the "Non-disclosure Agreement" before accessing to our corporate partner's data
- At least one participant within a team must be a post-secondary student or a recent graduate with the graduation date (or expected graduation date) later than Jan 01, 2017. (Please note that this rule was changed on April 13, 2018 in response to increasing demands)
Teams will be evaluated on their use of modelling techniques (50%) and business acumen (50%)
Participants will be required to use Python or R in a Jupyter notebook environment (Rubikloud's RubiOne platform) for data analysis and modelling
All participants accessing the Rubikloud-hosted case competition cloud environment will require a GitHub account
Every team must read and agree to abide by the Case Competition Rules
Three winning teams will receive cash prizes. The first place will get $1000 CAD, the second place $500 CAD, and the third place $200 CAD. Plus, winning teams will receive free tickets to the second day of the conference and will be featured on Rubikloud's blog and social media outlets.
Additional details will be provided to registered participants
Competition Schedule (all times are EDT)
- April 22nd - team registration closed at 11:59pm
- April 25th - release the data and problem at 9am
- May 3rd - preliminary round submissions due at 11:59pm
- May 7th - preliminary results announced by 11:59pm
- May 10th - final submissions due at 4:30pm
- May 10th - final presentations will be held at Smith School of Business or via video conference, from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Communication of the case details will be released to all participants soon. Thank you for the overwhelming response and good luck to all teams!
Got Questions? Email us: email@example.com
Meet our judges
Chief Data Scientist, Rubikloud Technologies
Sr. Product Manager, Rubikloud Technologies
Director, Queen’s Master of Management Analytics program
Director, Queen’s Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence program
Adjunct Associate Professor
National Sales Manager, IBM
Board Member, Smith School of Business
VP of Business Development, Data Insight Group Inc.
Sr. Manager, Deloitte